ipad mini/gospel library/desk top

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
brentalleno

ipad mini/gospel library/desk top

Post by brentalleno »

I am using my ipad mini and the gospel library app and marking scriptures both ipad mini and my scripture book.
I got online and brought up my scriptures to see if the app was in sync with my scripture study on LDS.org on my desktop.
I discovered that in fact it was. What I couldn't find was the notes I added to certain scriptures, on my ipad, are not online with my desk top.
Question: why will my markings sync ipad to desk top but not the notes? Or why can I not find my notes? Brent
galorath

Re: ipad mini/gospel library/desk top

Post by galorath »

I dont know if this is your issue but for me.... I take EXTENSIVE notes, often a note per phrase or keyword in GL. There comes a point when GL can no longer display those notes. THe developers tell me the notes are there and this will be fixed int he next update. So I looked at the browser version and the notes were gone there too. so either they have the same limitation on both versions or the notes AND marks are lose forever at the lower ends of the chapters.
brentalleno

Post by brentalleno »

Thanks for your reply.
I have excellent markings on GL, however, the markings are the only thing showing up on my desk top LDS.org
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

They are in the process of switching to a new annotations sync service that will come about the same time as Gospel Library 4 (in a couple of months). I don't know all of the changes for the annotations service, but I imagine that's what the developer was talking about (either the sync service or the Gospel Library app itself). @brentalleno, have you been to the Notes tool at LDS.org? https://www.lds.org/study-tools/folders?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”