can not sign on or register

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mgj613

can not sign on or register

Post by mgj613 »

I'm trying to set up my wife's new phone with LDS Tools. She has tried to register but keeps getting message" Member # or password is in error or you are already registered" We have changed phone numbers many times in past so I do not know which she might of used and can not receive a text with info needed to sign on.... :?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: can not sign on or register

Post by russellhltn »

You are trying to create a new LDS Account. You need to use the old LDS Account on the new phone. "Member #" is the Membership RECORD Number. It's the church member ID number - not your phone number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mgj613

Post by mgj613 »

I meant to say the MRN and/or the Birth day was not accepted. we have documents with the MRN on it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mgj613 wrote:I meant to say the MRN and/or the Birth day was not accepted. we have documents with the MRN on it.
Which brings us to this:
mgj613 wrote:or you are already registered"
Most likely, she already has an account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend going to the Account Recovery page on LDS.org:
https://ldsaccount.lds.org/recovery

Click "I don't know my username" then use the Membership Record Number option to see if an account for your wife already exists.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Main Church Website”