Adding Teacher Council Meetings once a month to MLS?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
fmn1116

Adding Teacher Council Meetings once a month to MLS?

Post by fmn1116 »

Does it make sense to add this meeting as a class in Sunday School to keep track of who should be attending?
If so, how do I add a class?
Sunday School President, Arizona
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Adding Teacher Council Meetings once a month to MLS?

Post by sbradshaw »

Because teacher council meetings are held only once a month, the rolls for a teacher council meeting "class" wouldn't be useful the rest of the month. You would have to remove attendees from other classes that they attend the rest of the month in order to add them to a roll for the meeting. I believe there is value in keeping track of who attends teacher council meetings, but setting up classes in Leader and Clerk Resources wouldn't work very well for that purpose.

As for whether or not it's possible, it's not possible as far as I know to create custom classes or organizations in Leader and Clerk Resources. I believe this feature was present in MLS three or four years ago, but was removed to encourage a ward's structure to stick more closely to the regular Handbook pattern across the Church.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Re: Adding Teacher Council Meetings once a month to MLS?

Post by eblood66 »

sbradshaw wrote:As for whether or not it's possible, it's not possible as far as I know to create custom classes or organizations in Leader and Clerk Resources.
It isn't possible to create arbitrary custom class anymore but you can split certain classes (including Gospel Doctrine) and in at least some cases it allows you to provide a name for the new class. But I think you can only transfer members between classes that were split. But at least for adults you can split the Gospel Doctrine class and then assign some adults to the new class.

But, as sbradshaw said, you'd have to transfer people back and forth between classes so I don't think custom classes are a good fit either.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”