Java Printing error

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
MacGang

Java Printing error

Post by MacGang »

Ever since the update to Windows 10 I have been unable to print to our HP LaserJet P1505n printer. I get an error that tells me I'm unable to use Java Print.

I have run all updates, reinstalled Java, the print drivers, etc. Looking at Java help pages they say we need to contact the author of the program we are using and have the program updated????????? :(
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Java Printing error

Post by lajackson »

MacGang wrote:Ever since the update to Windows 10 I have been unable to print to our HP LaserJet P1505n printer. I get an error that tells me I'm unable to use Java Print.
It sounds as if a call to the Global Service Center is in order.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Java Printing error

Post by russellhltn »

How was the update to Windows 10 done? Was it done as the church instructed, or was it done by doing it the Microsoft way? If the latter, that could be a problem.

Note that MLS installs it's own private copy of Java. You'd need to re-install MLS on top of the existing install to fix that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”