Roadmap for Unit Websites?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
grhart-p40

Roadmap for Unit Websites?

Post by grhart-p40 »

Thanks for all the great work and efforts to reach out to the open source community.

Is HQ open to the idea of sharing the roadmap? I suggest such only because over the last couple years that I've been paying attention, the same bugs/feature requests keep surfacing from members over and over again. Of all people, the Church developers must see the repetition the most. Things like support online and in MLS for individuals' phone numbers (cell, work, etc.), synchronization of email addresses, preferred names and the Leadership Directory with MLS, overall improvement of the Email Broadcast system, and so on. As most of you are probably aware, there is a comprehensive list of suggestions here:

http://ldsoss.org/index.php/Suggestions ... d_Websites

Thanks again,

-Greg
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

There has been some discussion about "V2" of the unit web sites. I'll try and engage with the teams doing that work to see what we can share. I've forwarded all of the comments I've come across to them before.

Tom
aneal-p40

Post by aneal-p40 »

So I've seen a lot of talk here about updating the archaic Unit Web sites to something remotely modern an user friendly, but is there anything actually being done? I've seen this talk for almost 3 years now and nothing has changed (I know I only joined the forum earlier this year, been watching for longer). 3 years is an extreemly long time in the tech world. The websites where legacy tech from 3 1/2 years ago (when I was called to be the Web Site Admin for our ward) are either gone or are unrecognizable from that time as they have updated and improve 3 or 4 times.

Sorry for the rant, but I just want to know if it is just talk, or if something is actually being done.

Allan
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

aneal wrote:So I've seen a lot of talk here about updating the archaic Unit Web sites to something remotely modern an user friendly, but is there anything actually being done? I've seen this talk for almost 3 years now and nothing has changed (I know I only joined the forum earlier this year, been watching for longer). 3 years is an extreemly long time in the tech world. The websites where legacy tech from 3 1/2 years ago (when I was called to be the Web Site Admin for our ward) are either gone or are unrecognizable from that time as they have updated and improve 3 or 4 times.

Sorry for the rant, but I just want to know if it is just talk, or if something is actually being done.

Allan
Work is being done but not specifically only on LUWS but on a new platform wherein the LUWS will be hosted as part of many other products and services.

Tom
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

tomw wrote:Work is being done but not specifically only on LUWS but on a new platform wherein the LUWS will be hosted as part of many other products and services.
Wow, sounds exciting!

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”