New Added Bank Account Rejected After 'Completed'

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
byronlahela

New Added Bank Account Rejected After 'Completed'

Post by byronlahela »

I normally use one bank account for tithing donations. Last week I had to use another bank account to pay tithing. I pressed the 'Add Account' button on the Bank Account page and entered the new info. It was processed and completed. A few days later I received an email saying that the new added account was deleted from my lds.org account donation page. There were 3 different possible reasons as to why my new account was deleted. No money was taken from my new bank account. I worked with my Ward Clerk and my Bank to figure out what went wrong. They both said that my entry online was absolutely correct for the ACH to go through. Has anyone experienced this same issue and figured out the reason as to why new bank accounts are not allowed?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: New Added Bank Account Rejected After 'Completed'

Post by lajackson »

byronlahela wrote:Has anyone experienced this same issue and figured out the reason as to why new bank accounts are not allowed?
I have two bank accounts associated with my online donations. While I use one as my primary account, I also use the other from time to time with no problem at all.

So I suspect the trouble is with the setup of the second account. You might want to try adding it again. And is it possible that the account name at the bank does not match your membership name closely enough?

And if adding the account does not work this time, I would contact online donations for more specific information as to why the problem occurs.
wildguava1250

Re: New Added Bank Account Rejected After 'Completed'

Post by wildguava1250 »

I hav Ed this same situation,I will see my ward
Clerk about this.if they don’t want my money I’ll
Convert back as a catholic

Return to “Online Donations”