name change

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
laurawear

name change

Post by laurawear »

I recently got married and want to change my last name on my account but I can only change my display name.
eblood66

Re: name change

Post by eblood66 »

You'll need to talk to your ward clerk and ask him to make the change on your membership record.
danpass

Post by danpass »

In the event that you meant to ask how you can change your LDS Account username to reflect your new last name, follow the instructions found here, in the Update Account Settings section, Question: How do I change my username, email or phone number on my LDS Account?
stacia.mora

Post by stacia.mora »

I updated with my Ward Clerk a while back. When I do my tithing online, it shows the correct last name, but my account settings page still has my maiden name.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you say the name on your account, are you talking about the name you use to login? I think you can change that in the "Username" setting.

If you're talking about the First Name/Last Name, have you tried updating the Display Name?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”