Donation System unavailable

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
LarryRoth

Donation System unavailable

Post by LarryRoth »

I recently moved from an overseas military unit to a ward in California. Our records have been received and everything online appears to be connected to my new Stateside ward (directory, calendar, map, etc.). However, when I select the donation option, a pop-up states the system is not available in my area...only in the United States. Is there a lag time before the donation option is available?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Donation System unavailable

Post by lajackson »

While you were overseas, your account may have had a special setting to allow you to use online donations. Perhaps that setting is interfering now that you have returned.

I would send an email to donations@ldschurch.org and ask them to check it out for you. Explain that you were overseas and have now returned, but that online donations thinks you are not in the U.S. They should be able to fix you right up.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Were your records just transferred in today? It's possible that there's a lag. Some scripts for permissions (for example, giving a clerk access to Leader and Clerk Resources after being added to their calling) run overnight.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
LarryRoth

Post by LarryRoth »

I wondered if that might be it. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
LarryRoth

Post by LarryRoth »

It works this morning. And my daughter now shows up on LDS tools as a missionary from our new ward. Unfortunately, she doesn't show up on the donation slip, and the unit number doesn't work since it is in a foreign country. We'll get it all figured out eventually!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

LarryRoth wrote:It works this morning. And my daughter now shows up on LDS tools as a missionary from our new ward. Unfortunately, she doesn't show up on the donation slip, and the unit number doesn't work since it is in a foreign country. We'll get it all figured out eventually!
Missionary accounts do not transfer automatically. Your bishop/clerk will need to ask the Missionary Department to make the change if you will be providing the finances for her mission.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

LarryRoth wrote:my daughter now shows up on LDS tools as a missionary from our new ward.
But that's not the same as financial responsibility for the missionary. To change that, follow the advice given in the post above.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LarryRoth

Post by LarryRoth »

Unfortunately, I am aware of that, and have had terrible luck getting the switch made in the past. It never did happen for my first two missionaries. Was hoping I could just select the old ward's unit number. I'll get with the ward clerk. Thanks for your support!

Return to “Online Donations”