Enter attendance and home teaching/visiting teaching in LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
jlangf

Enter attendance and home teaching/visiting teaching in LDS Tools

Post by jlangf »

I was thinking it would be pretty cool to be able to allow members to "mark the roll" from LDS Tools (such as "present" for Sunday School and "present" for Priesthood/Relief Society for the current date) and to report their home teaching and visiting teaching from LDS Tools for the current/previous month.

I noticed that another forum post ( https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ce#p157102 ) says that the ability to record attendance doesn't exist in Leader and Clerk Resources which I would guess would happen before such a feature gets added to LDS Tools, but I just thought it would be cool and would make recording and reporting this information much more efficient for the clerk for quarterly reports and for the various auxiliaries.

Just an idea.

Thank you,
John Langford
mfmohlma

Re: Enter attendance and home teaching/visiting teaching in LDS Tools

Post by mfmohlma »

If you would like this suggestion to get to the developers, use the "Contact Us" link in the help menu of the app. This forum is just user-to-user support.
jlangf

Post by jlangf »

Thank you, I submitted this via the Contact Us option just now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jlangf wrote:I was thinking it would be pretty cool to be able to allow members to "mark the roll" from LDS Tools (such as "present" for Sunday School and "present" for Priesthood/Relief Society for the current date) and to report their home teaching and visiting teaching from LDS Tools for the current/previous month.
The church is very careful about the kinds of information it records on a permanent record like an electronic system. I'm not sure if they'll ever go to an electronic method of marking attendance. Right now, it's on paper that's likely disposed of shortly after the stats are compiled.

We've been told there are no plans for the teachers to record their own HT/VT.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”