A New Theme for the Forums

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.

New Forum Theme

Make both themes available but make the old theme the default.
67%
No votes
33%
No votes

Total votes: 12

WelchTC

A New Theme for the Forums

Post by WelchTC »

I've spent some time today working on enhancing the forum look and feel (theme). If you look at the very bottom left of the forum page, you will see a combo box that says "--- LDS Tech (Default)". From this combo box you can choose between the default look that you are all used to and the newer look. What did I change? Mostly I tightened the text up so that you could see more on one page without having to scroll so much. You will really notice this on the forum index page where it lists all of the different forums.

Tell me what you think. Should we keep the new look? Should we default to the new? Should we stay with the old? Should we offer both?

Note: Some have mentioned that the hyperlink color used in posts is hard to distinguish from normal text because there is no underline and the colors are similar. This has not been fixed as of yet as it was not trivial to do. The reason is we need to re-look at our master CSS files to fix some things that effect the whole site and it was beyond what I could easily and safely do.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

BTW, I realize that the header of the page is not the same size as the main LDS Tech page and I'm working to tweak that. No need to report it to me.

Tom

Return to “General Discussions”