Who can see the notes posted with an online donation?

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
lydialiskey

Who can see the notes posted with an online donation?

Post by lydialiskey »

I noticed that a section has been added for notes with online donations. Is that notes just for my information or is that if I want to send a comment with my donation?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Who can see the notes posted with an online donation?

Post by russellhltn »

lydialiskey wrote:or is that if I want to send a comment with my donation?
I can't imagine anyone at CHQ reading the comments. Too many. If your ward clerk reads them, what could he do?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

The tool-tip that shows when you hover over the note icon says "Enter personal notes here. Notes are for your reference only. (optional)"
lydialiskey

Post by lydialiskey »

eblood66 wrote:The tool-tip that shows when you hover over the note icon says "Enter personal notes here. Notes are for your reference only. (optional)"
Thank you. That is the information I was looking for.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

I can confirm that Notes are for your reference only. We added it as a feature so that you can keep track of what your donations are for, etc. Think of it as the Memo line when you write a check...completely optional, but can be useful to you. In this case, however, the bank won't see the note (as they could on a check).
jgideoninva

Post by jgideoninva »

I like that I can add the note/memo and that I'm the only one that can see them -- but I'd like to SEE them in the history of donations. Helpful to reconcile back who's paycheck/date was that for...
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

They are in the history. Click the little note icon next to the history entry.
shazza32

Post by shazza32 »

SparkyMartin wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:34 pm I can confirm that Notes are for your reference only. We added it as a feature so that you can keep track of what your donations are for, etc. Think of it as the Memo line when you write a check...completely optional, but can be useful to you. In this case, however, the bank won't see the note (as they could on a check).
Others have said that there is a "tip" that advises that notes are only visible to us, but that tip doesn't exist anymore and the FAQ/A does not say who sees the "personal note" Can this be fixed? I've always been wary of using this (awesome) function!
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Can this be fixed?
As mentioned elsewhere in the Forum, any church employees who might take action on any suggestions like yours, don't generally frequent the Forum -- we're mostly regular church members like yourself. So the standard suggestion is to submit your idea as Feedback, using the Feedback button available at the bottom of most Church webpages.

Return to “Online Donations”