LCR vs Directory for messages

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

LCR vs Directory for messages

Post by zaneclark »

I have been using the LCR "Send a Message" feature the last few weeks instead of the Directory and have noted some differences. First of all, it is MUCH easier in LCR as opposed to the select and paste method needed in the Directory. However, I miss the ability to format text in LCR. I understand this may be coming to LCR in future releases and that would be great. The other thing I have noticed is that in the Directory, I always got several "undelivered" emails for members that had incorrect or changed email addresses, but I never get any in LCR. I would guess that they are still undelivered, but the system does not return them to me.... Just an observation....
drepouille

Re: LCR vs Directory for messages

Post by drepouille »

When you use LCR to send a message, you are not the actual sender. You are simply shown as the sender of the message.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lovetosew

Post by lovetosew »

I am having that same issue. I have created lists and from the list have gone to the up arrow and tried to send the text from the text option and it comes back deliverable. I have cut the lists to under 20. I have gone and set up the lists again & I still can't send them.... Please! Any suggestions? I've been trying to send this for over a month. I even went to Apple to see if I had the email & text set up correctly.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

If you are creating lists, it sounds like you are using LDS Tools, not the Directory on LDS.org. There are now 3 different places to send messages, Tools, LCR, and the Directory on LDS org. Each has different capabilities...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lovetosew wrote:I am having that same issue. I have created lists and from the list have gone to the up arrow and tried to send the text from the text option and it comes back deliverable. I have cut the lists to under 20. I have gone and set up the lists again & I still can't send them.... Please! Any suggestions? I've been trying to send this for over a month. I even went to Apple to see if I had the email & text set up correctly.
Most cell service providers / carriers (like AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) have a limit of how many recipients can be included when sending a text message. Usually the limit is 10 – if you try to send a text message to more than 10 people, you'll get an error. This error comes from your service provider, not from Apple or from the LDS Tools app.

Sending emails has limits too, on the maximum number of recipients, but usually you can have more recipients with email than you can with text messaging (like 100 instead of 10).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

zaneclark wrote:However, I miss the ability to format text in LCR. I understand this may be coming to LCR in future releases and that would be great.
Coming with 3.3, now in beta! :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Is it possible to download the LCR beta someplace?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:Is it possible to download the LCR beta someplace?
Nothing to download. LCR is a web page. I believe you're sent there if your stake is a beta stake. I don't know as as it a separate page you can choose to go to. As such, it may be more like a phased roll-out - they just call the first wave "beta".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”