Should mission presidents appear as "serving missionaries"?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mevans

Should mission presidents appear as "serving missionaries"?

Post by mevans »

We have a husband/wife from our ward now serving as mission presidents. When I look at the Local Unit Directory on the Missionary tab, they do not appear on the "Serving Missionaries" list, yet other missionaries, including a senior couple appear. It sure seems like mission presidents should appear on this list. Are they supposed to? Is this a fluke in programming at the missionary department? Or a data entry error? Or does it just take a while for the paperwork to get processed, since they started on July 1?

(Their children are grown, so it's not a situation where their records should be moved to where they are serving.)
kellymab

Re: Should mission presidents appear as "serving missionaries"?

Post by kellymab »

I could have sworn that a couple from my old stake who served as mission presidents showed up under the currently serving tab. They came back last year. It might take a while for it to cycle through especially since certain parts of CHQ shut down in July. I don't know.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

A couple from my ward are currently serving, and they have never appeared on that list. Although I can see arguments for mission presidents being on that list, I don't believe that has ever been the intent, nor the implementation of the Serving Missionaries section on the Missionary tab of the Directory.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I think it would be more appropriate for them to show on the out of unit callings page.
mevans

Post by mevans »

jonesrk wrote:I think it would be more appropriate for them to show on the out of unit callings page.
Right you are again. I just took a look and that's where it's recorded.

I still think it would be nice if they showed up on the "currently serving" tab of the directory so it's more obvious to ward members. They have a plaque on the wall along with all the other missionaries. Oh well, I'm glad it's somewhere.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”