access denied

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
kathwilde92

access denied

Post by kathwilde92 »

I am trying to get the ads tools app downloaded and when i try to log in it says there was an error downloading and i have to log onto the website and update my membership record number. when i try to update it says that its either invalid or there is a duplicate. I have been in the app previously, but it isn't letting me in. also tells me to update my membership status.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: access denied

Post by jdlessley »

kathwilde92 wrote:I am trying to get the ads tools app downloaded and when i try to log in it says there was an error downloading and i have to log onto the website and update my membership record number. when i try to update it says that its either invalid or there is a duplicate. I have been in the app previously, but it isn't letting me in. also tells me to update my membership status.
I assume you are referring to the LDS Tools application. What platform are you installing the application on - iOS, Android, Windows? A download error can generally be fixed by uninstalling the app and then reinstalling.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kathwilde92

Post by kathwilde92 »

iOS...but happens via web browser.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to check with your ward clerk and make sure that your membership number is in the ward. Strange things can happen if you're "wardless". It's also possible the clerk discovered a duplicate membership record and canceled one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

kathwilde92,

I don't show your account included in the Members group here on the forum. I presume this means that this LDSAccount is not correctly linked to your Membership Record Number. I would try to the "forgot your username" link on ldsaccount here:

https://ldsaccount.lds.org/recovery?type=username

Then put in your MRN and birthdate. I think it will try emailing the address associated with whatever LDSAccount is linked to your membership number.

For further information, you may need to contact the Global Service Center:

http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Global_Service_Center

Return to “Member Tools”