No audio for church handbook of instructions

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jviola

No audio for church handbook of instructions

Post by jviola »

I noticed that I have audio for the handbook of instruction on my android devices, but not on iphone or ipad? We have a new branch president in our stake that has an iPhone and wants to listen to the handbook of instruction on his way to work and back, but is unable to.
rjtolman

Re: No audio for church handbook of instructions

Post by rjtolman »

Hi, I have an iphone 4s/ipad 2. Both fully updated with latest Church and Apple updates.

Audio works on both of those; listening to handbook 2. Must have internet access to have audio download; I believe that is true.
jviola

Post by jviola »

rjtolman - thank you for taking the time to update this thread. I just checked my daughter's ipod and the play button is still grayed out. She has the other version of gospel library. She is concerned that her ipod is too slow to upgrade to the newer version. I'll check with someone else.
danguiano19

Post by danguiano19 »

I see HB2 Audio on iphone device, and I thought I previously was able to to the same for HB1; however when I went back to it recently HB2 audio only exists. Was HB1 audio taken away? How do I get this back?
Thx
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

danguiano19 wrote:I see HB2 Audio on iphone device, and I thought I previously was able to to the same for HB1; however when I went back to it recently HB2 audio only exists. Was HB1 audio taken away? How do I get this back?
I don't see any option for audio for HB1 on lds.org. So I would not expect to see it on a mobile device unless it's done via text to speech. It's possible there was a glitch in the system that erroneously showed audio.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danguiano19

Post by danguiano19 »

When I listed to it (about Jan '16) I got through four chapters....then revisited it a couple months later and nothing. It was done the same way HB2 was done which I reviewed the same way. None of us in Bishopric have it now...so we are confused what happened. We never downloaded it, just stream-listened via the app like we can for HB2 now... If anyone else has info - please share. Thank you! It helped us commuters review what we need to know/do.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm guessing it's a bug related to the fact that Handbook 1 is role-based content and is stored in a different content system than the regular content. I'd suggest sending an email bug report through the app, under Settings.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The Handbook does change from time to time. I wonder if the audio was withdrawn when it was changed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”