Stake Youth Presidencies need to view all wards youth calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
spencersessions

Stake Youth Presidencies need to view all wards youth calendars

Post by spencersessions »

I received this question today from a member of our Stake Young Men's presidency: "As a Stake Young men's Presidency we're not able to access other Ward listings so that we are familiar with the boys in those Wards and also their calendared activities. We have discussed this before and was wondering if there was some way that we could access those sites?"
Is there any functionality to "add ward calendars" based on your stake calling?

Any help here would be appreciated.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Stake Youth Presidencies need to view all wards youth calendars

Post by scgallafent »

spencersessions

Post by spencersessions »

When I receive answers like this I tend to come to conclusions on my own, would anyone please verify if I'm on the right track?
The paragraph in Handbook 2, 15.4.1: They orient newly called ward auxiliary presidencies. They also provide ongoing encouragement, support, and instruction for ward auxiliary presidencies and teachers. They should base some of their instruction on chapters 1–6 in this handbook and the chapter for their auxiliary organization. They meet with these leaders regularly to learn of their needs, discuss the needs of the members they serve, and communicate information from the stake presidency. Periodically they visit ward meetings and classes as arranged with ward leaders.
Am I to take away from this that policy would rather not allow the Stake Youth Presidency view access into the ward calendars because this would somehow enable other less dutiful Stake Aux Presidencies to simply look at the calendar events instead of communicating directly with presidencies?
I apologize if I'm way off base here. Would anyone like to elaborate a little more?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sessspen wrote:When I receive answers like this I tend to come to conclusions on my own, would anyone please verify if I'm on the right track?
You might include the first item in the LCR FAQs. "Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders." ... "They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities."

So the way I interpret it, the stake youth presidencies are to instruct - it's the ward bishopric that does the supervising, oversight and managing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”