visiting teaching reports

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
luannbrandt

visiting teaching reports

Post by luannbrandt »

When we make changes in visiting teaching, the reporting for the prior month is difficult because the new companionships and assigned sisters show up, but not the old ones. Is there a way to make this more user-friendly? It would also help to make the reports more accurate as well. Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: visiting teaching reports

Post by lajackson »

Because the intent is to show the sisters who were visited, not who visited them, I don't think there would be a change. The report will still be accurate, because you will know that the sister was visited, and that is what is reported.

If there are a lot of assignment changes, you can quickly update the visits using the household tab. The only other way to do it is to enter the visiting teaching information for the month before you enter the assignment changes, but that makes it more difficult to get the new assignments to the sisters.
ncadjan

Post by ncadjan »

I would suggest one change. If the visiting teachers were listed by month for each sister, you could see the changes. I have the same struggle that Luann has. It leads to my RS Pres keeping a separate doc file that she makes all her changes and assignments in and then prints to hand out. The problem is that invariably each month, she misses people when the changes are made (there has never been a month where a change wasn't made in my 3 years in this calling). So, by the 10th of the month when I finally get the stats and put them in and then change all the assignments, she sees that she missed assigning several women.

This is really problematic and time-consuming. I do like the ability to look by Household, but not being able to see the changes made over time as well as not being able to make changes before the stats come in are both real bummers.
japrufrock

Post by japrufrock »

Hear, hear. I second both luannbrandt and ncadjan. We also have a separate spreadsheet file we keep for the purpose of preparing printed assignments before the current month's reports are complete, and it's all very time consuming and confusing and error prone. It also makes it so that if a sister changes her contact information on the church website, those changes likely won't be noticed and so won't make it onto that separate VT document, and so sisters fail to connect with each other. In Relief Societies where they have individual visiting teaching supervisors enter the stats (rather than having the visiting teaching coordinator or the RS president do all of it) it also makes things crazy because if changes have been made for the coming month and companionships have been assigned to different districts than in the current month, the VT supervisor can't just go to her district page to enter the stats for the companionships she's assigned to this month--she'll have to go through a list of the entire RS and find the sisters visited rather than searching by visiting teachers.
lindapfayep

Post by lindapfayep »

I am now sharing the reporting of those visited with another sister.She collects the visits done and I write to the inactives which are many. I would like to keep putting my results on the website but am not able to get on. Isn't there a way to do that?? the changes were just made in the last 2 weeks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lindapfayep wrote:I am now sharing the reporting of those visited with another sister.She collects the visits done and I write to the inactives which are many. I would like to keep putting my results on the website but am not able to get on. Isn't there a way to do that?? the changes were just made in the last 2 weeks.
In order to record visits, you must be a member of the Relief Society presidency, a VT Coordinator, or a district VT supervisor. Custom positions will not work - it must be a standard position.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”