problem Webcasting with vidiu and EVI-D80P camcorder

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
fifise

problem Webcasting with vidiu and EVI-D80P camcorder

Post by fifise »

Hello,

First of all sorry for the spelling mistake I am french ;)

We are having some stretch image when using a Startech VID2HDCON converter to send the 4/3 image of our EVI-D80P camcorder to the vidiu caster.
To explain myself better doing some test on home computer we found out the the square appear as rectangular. (I gues the converter is streching the 4/3 image of the EVI-D80P to a 16/9 format.
I try all the HD resolution (1080P,720P,576p) on the VID2HDCON with no success (the image is still stretch and the vidui don't seem to be able the cast "PC" (XGA or SXGA) resolution of the VID2HDCON.
I also try setting the Broadcast Profile on the event to 4/3 primary or 16/9 primary didn't change so much the result

By the way what is 4/3 secondary or 16/9 secondary used for ?

Did you experiment the same problème? did you find a workaround ? how to you setup the VID2HDCON and Vidiu no avoinf this strech with 4/3 camera ?

Will I have better result with the ATLONA (AT HD120) regarding the stretching issue? or an other composite/HDMI convertor ?

thank in advance for your help

Sylvain
rolandc

Re: problem Webcasting with vidiu and EVI-D80P camcorder

Post by rolandc »

The receiving end projector will correct the format, that is the work around.

Both converters do the same thing.
Roland
fifise

Re: problem Webcasting with vidiu and EVI-D80P camcorder

Post by fifise »

Hello,

thx Rloand for you answer but when I did that the image was deformed.

In case it can help, I found it, you just need to set the widescreen to "NO" ( instead of auto ) in the vidui video/audio setting

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”