Default users home ward

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
alz1

Default users home ward

Post by alz1 »

In 2.2.1, the default ward seems to be the boundaries in which a user lives, or what is typically their home ward. Although this behavior makes sense for most users, it is preferred that tools opens to our calling specific situation. For example, a stake user would open to the stake. A YSA user would open to their assigned YSA ward. This thought process is based on why a user is accessing tools 80% of the time. It is for their calling.

Secondarily, when a LDS.org users logs in they are presented with their tools based on their calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Default users home ward

Post by russellhltn »

I would expect that the default ward is the one in which the member's membership record resides.

The idea of defaulting to an out-of-unit ward isn't a bad one, but how would it determine who is a "stake user"?

Maybe the best idea is to default to what was last used.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jefferyshoeshine

Post by jefferyshoeshine »

I agree with the last accessed idea. It would be better if it didn't default to ward for stake calling users.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This is good feedback – I'd suggest sending in-app feedback under settings, to make sure it gets to the developers. Members with stake callings and out-of-unit leaders are good use cases.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”