Connecting two members as husband and wife after 2nd marriage

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mharvey

Connecting two members as husband and wife after 2nd marriage

Post by mharvey »

I am a ward clerk, my wife passed away and 18 months later I married a member whose husband had passed away 7 years earlier.
We are both sealed to our late spouses.
She elected to keep her last name the same due to a large family being able to contact her.
The marriage is recorded but she shows only as a member of my household as "other" and I show under her name in lcr/members list as
a member of her household as "other"
How do I get it to show us as spouses to each other? Not as a "other" member of household.
This is a problem for us as she is a relief society President and needs to be contacted by members of the ward.

Marven Harvey
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Connecting two members as husband and wife after 2nd marriage

Post by russellhltn »

The determination of "spouse" is made when the individual is added to the household. If the member added matches the "spouse" information, then they become "spouse". If it doesn't match, then they become "other".

So I'd start and make sure that the marriage is correctly recorded on your record and that you have a valid _link_ to the spouse. Then, I'd spin the spouse off into her own household, and then add her back into yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”