Can I subscribe to a ward calendar in another stake?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
allgaier2

Can I subscribe to a ward calendar in another stake?

Post by allgaier2 »

We have a join YSA ward that serves two stakes, owned by the other stake. How can I see that ward's events on my lds.org calendar? Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Can I subscribe to a ward calendar in another stake?

Post by aebrown »

allgaier2 wrote:We have a join YSA ward that serves two stakes, owned by the other stake. How can I see that ward's events on my lds.org calendar? Thanks!
What are you trying to accomplish?
  • Do you want to see the events that happen in your building(s)? Any member of your stake can see those events, and the calendar system will prevent any scheduling conflicts.
  • Do you want to see all the events on the YSA ward? If you are a member of that ward, then you can of course see all those events. If not, then I'm wondering why you want to see all their events. Your reason might well affect the recommended solution.
allgaier2

Post by allgaier2 »

aebrown wrote:
allgaier2 wrote:We have a join YSA ward that serves two stakes, owned by the other stake. How can I see that ward's events on my lds.org calendar? Thanks!
What are you trying to accomplish?
  • Do you want to see the events that happen in your building(s)? Any member of your stake can see those events, and the calendar system will prevent any scheduling conflicts.
  • Do you want to see all the events on the YSA ward? If you are a member of that ward, then you can of course see all those events. If not, then I'm wondering why you want to see all their events. Your reason might well affect the recommended solution.
I'm the high council advisor to that YSA ward, representing our stake.
allgaier2

Post by allgaier2 »

I am the high council advisor to that unit, and I would like to see all events on that unit calendar, regardless of location
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

allgaier2 wrote:I'm the high council advisor to that YSA ward, representing our stake.
No. In general, you have to be a member of the ward to see the events of that ward. Only the stake presidency can see another ward - but even they can't see another stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

allgaier2 wrote:I am the high council advisor to that unit, and I would like to see all events on that unit calendar, regardless of location
In this particular instance, and with the approval of both stake presidencies, could this brother be added as an out of unit member, with the standard calling of YSA advisor? That is the only way to access the calendar, and the directory.

I don't know the extent of your involvement with the YSA ward. If you are attending regularly, this option makes sense. However, if it is only to see the calendar, I would advise you to not go this route, and contact the ward to have them send you a pdf copy of the calendar.

Return to “Calendar”