Membership Audit - Marriage

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jschaub

Membership Audit - Marriage

Post by jschaub »

During the membership audit, I was presented with a list of members identified as single and was asked if any of them are currently married. A less active neighbor of mine was on that list and I assumed that he was married because he co-habitates with a woman and has several children with her, so I checked the box.

After further research, he is not married to her. The membership audit says that items will be marked completed when the membership record is updated. It doesn't look like I can go in and update the audit, or annotate that he is not actually married. It looks like my only option is to leave the exception as unfinished. Is there anything else I can or should do to resolve this exception?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Membership Audit - Marriage

Post by sbradshaw »

This is the first year that membership audits have been entirely on Leader and Clerk Resources instead of in MLS. I don't know all the ins and outs of the system yet. If we're lucky, one of the developers may see your post and respond, but in the meantime, you could try calling Local Unit Support in the Global Service Center to see if they can fix it on their end.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Membership Audit - Marriage

Post by scgallafent »

It will stay on the audit as an item that wasn't corrected. That's not bad in this scenario. It means that you have investigated and determined that the membership record is correct -- you just can't close that item on the audit.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”