How to add non-member spouse

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cloydmcallister

Post by cloydmcallister »

We have a young adult in our ward who recently got married to a non-member. I've created him as head of his own household, but can't find a way to add his wife to his household.
Biggles

Re: How to add non-member spouse

Post by Biggles »

At the moment the marriage can only be added in MLS. Select the Individual, then enter the marriage under the Current Spouse tab.

As far as I can tell, at the moment, LCR only seems to allow a marriage to be added, if both members are in the same ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to add non-member spouse

Post by russellhltn »

Since the wife is a non-member, she only shows as a spouse on the member's record. Sites like the lds.org directory and LDS Tools may or may not show it depending on a switch set at CHQ. If she still doesn't show after adding her and waiting a few days, I'd suggest contacting Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:Since the wife is a non-member, she only shows as a spouse on the member's record. Sites like the lds.org directory and LDS Tools may or may not show it depending on a switch set at CHQ. If she still doesn't show after adding her and waiting a few days, I'd suggest contacting Local Unit Support.
I don't think the OP is asking about showing up in the Directory or LDS Tools, just how to add the non-member spouse to the members record. That is my interpretation of his post!

Return to “Membership Help”