Stake Young Men Secretary

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
quigley7

Stake Young Men Secretary

Post by quigley7 »

Hi
I recently was called as Stake Young Men Secretary and our Stake Young Men President has asked for me to compile a list of the YM in each ward and who is in each quorum and their birthdays. I noticed that I do not have the ability to see everything in the Leader and Clerk Resources. My name is in as the Stake YM Secretary, does someone in the Stake or SLC need to give me the ability to see the YM and who the Quorum presidents are?

Thanks-

Sean
eblood66

Re: Stake Young Men Secretary

Post by eblood66 »

Stake auxiliary leaders do not have access to information about individual members (see the first question in the LCR FAQ). As mentioned there, you'll need to work with each ward or with the stake clerk to get that information.

But note that many people will consider birthday information about their children to be sensitive and private information. The stake president should probably approve the need for such a list.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We do not provide access to this information for stake leaders. This is not a decision made on a whim -- this is a specific decision that has been made by the appropriate councils.

Why does your stake young men president need a list of all young men in the stake?

eblood66 has already directed you to the LCR FAQ. You may also want to review section 15.4 of Handbook 2.
quigley7

Post by quigley7 »

I guess we were trying to make sure we were not missing anybody and that we knew our young men on an individual level. I can see what you are saying. I will let the Stake YM President know.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”