How to Share Notes with Friends?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
josephcochran

How to Share Notes with Friends?

Post by josephcochran »

Hi,

I have a friend that I share scripture study thoughts with over text. I wanted to start sharing my lds.org notes from the talks and scriptures that I read online but can't figure out a way to do that? Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to Share Notes with Friends?

Post by russellhltn »

I don't believe that's supported. At least not within the lds.org system. You'd have to use some kind of 3rd party program for that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmcguire

Re: How to Share Notes with Friends?

Post by lmcguire »

You could always export them into a Word document (or one of the other options) and forward that (though not as a text). To send text messages from a device (like your computer) which doesn't have built-in texting capability, you'll have to find a 3rd-party application as russellhltn suggested.

If your browser is open on a device which can send text messages, you can select text, copy and send those (your device browser might even have a built-in share option which includes the option of texting). If you use the Gospel Library app instead of lds.org, you can take all the ones you want to share, put them in a notebook, and then share the entire notebook (though that's way too much, IMO, to send via text message - it will get broken into multiple text messages and any formatting would be lost - email would be better).

FWIW,

Liz

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”