Access to LCR Ward Clerk-Membership

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Draj6hx

Access to LCR Ward Clerk-Membership

Post by Draj6hx »

Two weeks ago I was given access to MLS in my new assignment working in MLS works great but when I have to move to LCR at LDS.org to do things there I get access denied. The Ward Clerk does not know how to fix it and the people in the Stake have not helped. MLS should have sync in, at the most 6 hours. LDS tools still show the membership clerk I replaced. ?? What box is not checked off or needs to be unchecked so I can do the things that have moved to LCR?? Donald Romney
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Access to LCR Ward Clerk-Membership

Post by russellhltn »

The ward clerk needs to record your calling in LCR. The stake can't do it. Rights do NOT sync from MLS.

Once the calling is recorded as a standard position, it may take upto 24 hours to get access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

You're access to MLS is a separate process.

Callings are no longer entered by using MLS. All callings are now entered in LCR. You may need to ask the Ward Clerk to do that, by calling up your record in LCR he will see a tab marked Callings.
MCardoza

Post by MCardoza »

Can the Ward Clerk login to LCR and verify that you are both listed in the calling and set apart? I don't know for certain that a set apart is required for access, but it seems to not be a problem for those who have. Right now LCR is kind of the authority for callings (I don't think MLS is allowed to edit callings anymore), so it might be that the Ward Clerk will need to update that calling online. Also, when he's checking online, it'll be important for him to verify that you weren't accidentally assigned to a custom calling (it'll have an * next to it, in the callings list). Only official callings are mapped to LCR access, yours should read as "Ward Assistant Clerk--Membership"

If the above was done, the incorrect display in LDS Tools could also be due to not having synced it. It can get out of date pretty easily.

We recently had a stake clerk adjustment that took about 4 days for the new clerk to gain access to everything, so two weeks should definitely be more than enough time to take effect (usually it's within a few hours). Sorry if I've repeated anything you've already tried, just trying to cover all the bases :)
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

MCardoza wrote:I don't know for certain that a set apart is required for access
No, the 'set apart' flag does not affect access.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just as background, MLS is an old program that date back to when dial-up modems were the "in" thing. With the prevalence of Internet access, the church is moving step-by-step to doing it on-line. Currently, some things are done on-line, some you still have to use MLS. In many cases, what has been put on-line is no longer available in MLS. (For example, HT/VT.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The calling has not been recorded in LCR. The ward clerk needs to record the calling using LCR.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”