Is LDSTech dying?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
dwsmith2

Is LDSTech dying?

Post by dwsmith2 »

It might sound like an odd question, but I've noticed some trends that lead me to ask if LDSTech is dying.

For example:
  • After years of nearly weekly postings, the LDSTech blog (same as the front page) hasn't had a new article in nearly six months.
  • All of the wiki content has been either transferred to the LCR Help Center or dropped.
  • The number of LDSTech projects is significantly lower than a couple of years ago.
  • Last year the LDSTech Conference was reduced to one day (it had been two days for the previous couple of years), and this year there is no conference.
It seems like the only thing that is still going strong is the forum.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these observations or my hypothesis?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Is LDSTech dying?

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, LDSTech is not receiving the focus and funding it once was, and a lot of the projects that were open to volunteers in the past have been moved internally (employees-only). I don't know all the reasons for that, but I hope they don't do away with the forum or wiki without transitioning everything useful to an alternative. For now, there is no alternative to the forum.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”