printed checks not showing in expense report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
byersam

printed checks not showing in expense report

Post by byersam »

I tried to write reimbursement and fast offering checks while waiting for bishopric member to process tithing. I got one check written and then we did tithing. I logged off to go make the deposit and it asked me to save the current blank expense form and I cancelled. I was able to satisfying MLS and logged off and when I came back I was able to print the single check that I had written and print that expense report. Then I added five more checks and printed them, but when I went to the "Print Report" option, there were no checks showing in the report. I viewed expenses and all six checks show and their status is "Not Sent".

Will those checks clear? How do I get an expense report.
byersam

Re: printed checks not showing in expense report

Post by byersam »

I am able to get an "Expense Detail Report" by doing a custom date range of just today, but that does not have a place for the bishop to sign or me to initial and sign. I can attach that to the empty report. I guess now my question is how to know if those checks will clear the bank. They showed on the transmission report, so I guess the answer is yes?
eblood66

Re: printed checks not showing in expense report

Post by eblood66 »

byersam wrote:I am able to get an "Expense Detail Report" by doing a custom date range of just today, but that does not have a place for the bishop to sign or me to initial and sign. I can attach that to the empty report.
The expense report isn't actually necessary to satisfy audit requirements as long as you have evidence that the bishop approved each check. So as long as you have a reimbursement request with the bishop's signature or have him sign the receipt you can do without the expense report.
byersam wrote: I guess now my question is how to know if those checks will clear the bank. They showed on the transmission report, so I guess the answer is yes?
Yes, if it shows up in View/Update Expenses and on the transmission report you should be fine. You could also check on the new finance section in LCR. If the checks show there then you know that CHQ received the necessary information.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”