MLS Temple Recommend Activation Not Showing in LCR

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Arnold47

MLS Temple Recommend Activation Not Showing in LCR

Post by Arnold47 »

On 23 Jun 2016 a temple recommend was activated using MLS followed by successful send & receive action. When the recommend status was checked the next day using LCR it showed the old expired recommend status.

Attemped to activate the recommend using LCR, but it failed, giving the message: "The recommend number already exists. Please enter a different recommend number." The edit function is not allowed; only issue with the above failure result. As of 25 Jun 2016 MLS continues to show the recommend active, with the correct issue month and year. Meanwhile LCR continues to show, after numerous MLS send & receive actions, the old expired recommend status and continues to fail to allow activation of the new one.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS Temple Recommend Activation Not Showing in LCR

Post by russellhltn »

It sounds like LCR is aware of the recommend's existence. You might want to double check that you're looking at the same person in both places. I know some father/son combinations can be confusingly similar. IIRC, the activation in MLS is via the MRN, which could have been written down wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Arnold47

Post by Arnold47 »

Agreed that the recommend number is in the LCR system somewhere (since it won't let me enter it again), but it is not linked to her new recommend &/or it failed to register the new issue month and year in LCR. It's definitely the same person in both places and the MRN is correct (besides if you make a mistake entering the last four digits, it catches it and lets you know). I've activated hundreds of temple recommends over more than three years and I've never seen anything like this. Always before MLS and LCR syncs up, usually within about 30 minutes, but never longer than 24 hours.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Arnold47 wrote:besides if you make a mistake entering the last four digits, it catches it and lets you know
Yes, but that alert doesn't work if the MRN is for a different individual. For that, you'd have to make sure the name MLS pulls up is the right name. And that's where "confusingly similar" names could come into play. (Especially if one location shows "preferred" name and another shows "full".) That's why I suggested checking the MRN of the person in LCR against the MRN you entered.

IOW, I'm suggesting that somehow you activated the recommend for someone else and that's why it's not appearing in LCR. Yet it's rejecting any attempt to enter it there because that recommend number is already activated. So before jumping to the conclusion that it's a bug, I'd verify that angle.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Arnold47

Post by Arnold47 »

To verify that angle: There are only two people in our stake with that last name, husband & wife. This case involves the wife. I have verified that it is her, by name, in MLS and in LCR with matching correct MRNs in both places. Still MLS shows an active recommend issued Jun 2016 with the new recommend number and LCR shows an expired recommend (May 2016) with a different (old) recommend number. If this forum allows specific information, without compromising privacy, I'll provide the specific information.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Would an MLS Until Data refresh help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:Would an MLS Until Data refresh help?
You can try. As far as I'm aware, a Unit Data refresh syncs MLS to what CHQ has. It's strictly one-way. So it would most likely make MLS agree with what LCR is showing. But I don't know as it would open the door for another activation attempt.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Arnold47 wrote:MLS shows an active recommend issued Jun 2016 with the new recommend number and LCR shows an expired recommend (May 2016) with a different (old) recommend number. If this forum allows specific information, without compromising privacy, I'll provide the specific information.
I would suggest you call the Global Service Center on Monday and let them know the situation. They should be able to resolve it. I suspect that the information transfer from MLS to LCR did not work properly, but that enough information is there that you cannot fix it locally. GSC to the rescue.

There are times when recommend information entered into LCR does not flow properly to MLS. It is difficult to fix those, as well, and a Data Refresh usually does not do the trick.
Arnold47

Post by Arnold47 »

This afternoon of 26 Jun 2016 LCR is finally showing the new activated recommend, after three days. I have no idea what caused the mis-match or what fixed it, but as long as it is fixed, all is well. Thanks for listening and offering suggestions. Have a great week.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”