Windows 10 Upgrade

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
Biggles

Re: Windows 10 Upgrade

Post by Biggles »

I've just received an official email from the Church "Windows 10 Upgrade for Meetinghouse Computers" about the upgrade and the instructions how to proceed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:I've just received an official email from the Church "Windows 10 Upgrade for Meetinghouse Computers" about the upgrade and the instructions how to proceed.
Same here. Now, the question is how soon will the update show up on our computers?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
Biggles wrote:I've just received an official email from the Church "Windows 10 Upgrade for Meetinghouse Computers" about the upgrade and the instructions how to proceed.
Same here. Now, the question is how soon will the update show up on our computers?
Could be several weeks. According to the Help Centre FAQ, (paraphrasing) the release will be staged in batches.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

russellhltn wrote:
pete.arnett wrote:Rumor has it that there is an issue with Sophos breaking when you upgrade to Windows 10
That wouldn't surprise me. It's one thing to install it on Windows 10, quite another for it to be running on 7 and suddenly have the OS changed right under it.
This is not a rumor

Brian Fromm has confirmed this. The church version of W10 has it built in if you will, and it works.

be patient everyone.
Roland
rick.winterton

Post by rick.winterton »

Since the Clerk computers are all going to move to Windows 10, does anyone know if the FHC computers will also be upgraded to Windows 10?

https://www.lds.org/help/support/win10-upgrade?lang=eng

R. Winterton
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The FHC department is working on an image for the FHC computers, but when that will be available is anyones guess. The FHC uses the Enterprise version of W7, whereas the Clerk computers use W7 Professional. I'm guessing that licensing issues will also play a part on the availability.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

After one whole week the two computers in my building haven't upgraded yet (On 24/7)!

Will just have to be patient. :(
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I was told, but have not confirmed, that the roll out is being done by area. I was given a specific date for my area. Again, I have not confirmed any of this.

That said, it would make sense that the servers probably would not try to update everyone at the same time.

Nevertheless, we will leave our computers on and wait patiently. If the computer is not on when the update is sent, I do not know if it will snag the upgrade later, and I would hate to miss all the excitement.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I was told, but have not confirmed, that the roll out is being done by area. I was given a specific date for my area.
Fun. Right now I'm just waiting for the stake computer, since I don't want to start a bunch of wards until I know exactly how that's going to play out. That doesn't bode well for making the deadline.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bhm014

Post by bhm014 »

A ward in my stake has been upgraded automatically to windows 10. However, MLS isn't working anymore and is not compatible. How do we solve this issue?

Return to “Clerk Computers”