read along settings menu

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

jackntay

read along settings menu

Post by jackntay »

Hey programming friends.
Noticed a glitch that hasn't been fixed in a while, wonder if you even knew about it. When I use the listening feature for General conference, the small three dots settings menu next to the rewind 10 seconds button has black text with a charcoal background. It makes it nigh impossible to read the settings.

One tag along feature improvement is within that menu is the read along feature. Is it possible to leave that feature checked on or off? I have to turn it on every time I start listening anew. A minor thing I know, but it would be helpful.

Thank you all for your hard work on Windows apps. They are greatly appreciated!

Brian
LDS Tool glitch.jpg
(538.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ToManyLetters

Re: read along settings menu

Post by ToManyLetters »

I am not able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing with the blackening of the flyout menu for the More Options menu beside the forward 10 seconds button n the media bar. The flyout appears as expected for me. Does this behavior always happen for you? Has it persisted through version updates (the current beta version is 2.0.2.46)? Have you attempted reinstalling the app?

We've made a conscious decision to not enable persistent read along outside of your current app session as it can be a frustrating experience to have your content scrolling on you when you aren't expecting it. We may revisit this decision for the Windows 10 UWP in the future.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”