Multiple Entries in LDS Tools

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
zcolby

Multiple Entries in LDS Tools

Post by zcolby »

I have a member with two entries in LDS Tools but just a single entry in MLS. It's only in the Moblile app LDS Tools that I see the duplicate entry.

The member was a non-member husband to a member for a number of years, and then in the past year or two, was baptized. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

How do I edit the entry in the mobile LDS Tools to remove the 2nd entry?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Multiple Entries in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

zcolby wrote:How do I edit the entry in the mobile LDS Tools to remove the 2nd entry?
You don't. In this case, I suspect MLS is out of sync with what's in the records. You might check the on-line directory and LCR to verify this.

My suspicion is that the husband is still showing as married to a non-member creating a duplicate record situation. I know someone else reported that issue. I'd suggest using MLS to send a special request to update the husband's record to reflect the change in the wife's status. I would NOT record a divorce to connect him to his wife's record. But you can see if you can edit who he's married to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Re: Multiple Entries in LDS Tools

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote:
zcolby wrote:How do I edit the entry in the mobile LDS Tools to remove the 2nd entry?
My suspicion is that the husband is still showing as married to a non-member creating a duplicate record situation. I know someone else reported that issue. I'd suggest using MLS to send a special request to update the husband's record to reflect the change in the wife's status. I would NOT record a divorce to connect him to his wife's record. But you can see if you can edit who he's married to.
We had this situation. It look the GSC getting involved to fix it. A special request through MLS will accomplish that but you might want to call instead if there is any possible cause for confusion.

Return to “Membership Help”