Online Donation Not Shown in Donation History or MLS

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Online Donation Not Shown in Donation History or MLS

Post by lajackson »

A member reported today that two of his contributions this year by Online Donation do not show in his online donation history. He asked the clerk to see if they were in MLS. They are not. All of his other online donations this year have processed correctly and show in both the Donation History and MLS. The money was withdrawn from the bank for all of the donations, including the two that are missing.

He brought with him printed copies of the completed donation slips. The clerk noticed that they do not list the ward and stake. They simply say "Headquarters".

The clerk is going to contact the Finance Department this week to see if they are able to locate the donations and reassign them to the proper ward and stake.

It appears as if at some point during the online donation process the web site lost track of the unit information and defaulted to "Headquarters". Since there is a date and confirmation number on the slip, hopefully they will be able to find these two donations and get them to their proper home.

I will report back with any explanation the clerk receives, I point out this event simply as a new method by which things might go awry and to provide a possible explanation for donations that are reported missing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online Donation Not Shown in Donation History or MLS

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:It appears as if at some point during the online donation process the web site lost track of the unit information and defaulted to "Headquarters".
Which would explain why it's not in MLS, but not why it's not in his history. I wonder if this member has two LDS Accounts and the "missing" donations were done from his "non-member" account. That would certainly explain everything. We've certainly had a number of people come in asking to merge duplicate LDS Accounts, so it seems like an idea worth exploring.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:It appears as if at some point during the online donation process the web site lost track of the unit information and defaulted to "Headquarters".
I wonder if this member has two LDS Accounts and the "missing" donations were done from his "non-member" account.
These two donations have his membership record number on them, so I do not think that is the issue. The two donations in question did occur when the web site was slow to respond.
alhx6@aol.com

Post by alhx6@aol.com »

I have 2 large donations not showing up in my history or in the MLS at the ward. Ward clerk can not locate it either. I have verified record numbers are correct and I know the banking info is correct because the monies have been taken. It has been 6 months and I was hoping it would have shown up by now but no luck. Where can I turn for assistance?

Return to “Online Donations”