Non-member donations for missionaries

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
davidburggraaf

Non-member donations for missionaries

Post by davidburggraaf »

Is there an online way that non-member parents can donate to their missionary son/daughter? Or can they only do this through the traditional donation slip-envelope?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Non-member donations for missionaries

Post by russellhltn »

You can see if they can use the method described in Donations > Help > FAQs for donating to a missionary in another ward. Obviously, being non-members, they have no "home" ward, but the "other ward" technique might work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Not being members, they probably will have trouble setting up an LDS Account with a membership number that is needed to access the Online Donation system in the first place.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Not being members, they probably will have trouble setting up an LDS Account with a membership number that is needed to access the Online Donation system in the first place.
I'm trying to remember - is that a requirement?

Edit: I just recovered my test account. (A story in itself.) But I can get to the donation screen just fine as a non-member. And guess what the "ward" is set to? "Headquarters".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I can get to the donation screen just fine as a non-member. And guess what the "ward" is set to? "Headquarters".
Then I would say give the nonmember the unit number and see if they can make the missionary payment.

Return to “Online Donations”