Procedures for updating ward members photos in LDS tools?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
lorell

Procedures for updating ward members photos in LDS tools?

Post by lorell »

I'm a new EQP and need to put faces to names. Very few ward members have pictures in the LDS Tools app. I figure that as I meet members, I should take pictures and upload them, but don't know how. (Or if my calling comes with that amount to access in the app.)

What is the procedure for taking pictures of Ward members and uploading them into the app?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Procedures for updating ward members photos in LDS tools?

Post by sbradshaw »

Only bishopric members, clerks, and ward website administrators (standard calling) are administrators for the LDS.org Directory, with the ability to upload and approve photos. Members can upload members for themselves and their household, and have a one of the administrators approve them. Before a photo is uploaded, the member (or parent of the member, for minors) needs to give consent for their photo to be uploaded.

So, as the elders quorum president, you can take the photos and get the member's permission for the photos to be uploaded; then hand them off to a clerk or ward website administrator to upload.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

sbradshaw wrote:So, as the elders quorum president, you can take the photos and get the member's permission for the photos to be uploaded; then hand them off to a clerk or ward website administrator to upload.
It would be much easier to drag the ward clerk with his smartphone to take the pictures. It's only a couple of taps and it's live on the ward list. (And yes, I do ask and inform the person that their picture will be on the ward list.)
Milt1

Post by Milt1 »

I am in a Branch Presidency. How do I gain access to upload photos in tools.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Milt1 wrote:I am in a Branch Presidency. How do I gain access to upload photos in tools.
First you must have an LDS Account with your MRN included in your profile. If you have that then you have the necessary permissions as a default unit administrator. If you still do not have access then check to make sure your calling is properly recorded using the standard position.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”