Access table wrong?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Access table wrong?

Post by zaneclark »

In checking the Access Table, it indicates under Assiststant Ward Clerk-Membership that I do NOT have the access for several functions that I do regularly, such as record a child blessing. It makes me question the accuracy of other parts of the access table.
I have reported this in feedback.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Access table wrong?

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:In checking the Access Table, it indicates under Assiststant Ward Clerk-Membership that I do NOT have the access for several functions that I do regularly, such as record a child blessing.
If you look, you'll see a little icon next to "Record a Child Blessing". Down at the bottom, it says that icon indicates "Access allowed; not yet available".

So, are you sure you can do it on-line? If you can, then it's the availability that's inaccurate - not the access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

zaneclark wrote:In checking the Access Table, it indicates under Assiststant Ward Clerk-Membership that I do NOT have the access for several functions that I do regularly, such as record a child blessing.
The access table only indicates what can be done in LCR. It is not talking about MLS.
russellhltn wrote:If you look, you'll see a little icon next to "Record a Child Blessing". Down at the bottom, it says that icon indicates "Access allowed; not yet available".

So, are you sure you can do it on-line? If you can, then it's the availability that's inaccurate - not the access.
As an Assistant Ward Clerk, I certainly can't find any way to record a child blessing in LCR. I can print a certificate but I can't record the blessing (which would also create the new record). In fact, when I go to print a certificate it explicitly says that you have to use MLS to create a new record.

As far as I can tell, the access table is accurate right now both regarding access and availability.

The one exception is that it says 'Access allowed; not yet available' for Stake Leadership Callings. Somehow, I doubt as a ward assistant clerk I will be allowed to edit stake leadership callings now or in the future.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You can't record a child blessing in LCR (yet) -- that has to be done in MLS. MLS and LCR use different models for permissions.

When the ability to record a child blessing (create a new record, actually) is added to LCR, you will have access to that. The note for this function for your calling says "Access allowed; not yet available"
robertkennethsmith

Post by robertkennethsmith »

OK, I had to use Google to find this thread in the first place. Strange how I can find things I need on LDS.org that way when I frequently cannot find them through any variation of 'Help' on LDS.org. Anyway - so I now understand that when the little clock icon in the LCR access table says "Access allowed; not yet available" - what they really mean is that, sure as a Asst Clerk for Membership I am allowed to record children's blessings, I just can't do it on LCR. At least not now. This does NOT mean I - personally - for whatever reason - am not allowed to do this (I ran into this once, and it got messy) but only that I need to go through MLS to do it. Which is in itself strange because every time I have logged on to MLS recently I have seen a message saying "You should be using LCR on LDS.org for everything." And currently our clerk;s office pc has no internet connection. But maybe that's just something else someone forgot to mention. Anyway - my point is - yes, the access table is correct (or seems to be) but NO, it is not excessively clear on what it means by 'not available'. Should have added to who, why, and when it will be available. I guess at this point all I need to do is add a smilie thing and then wait until I can get back on MLS, and hope for internet connection so this embers daughter can have her name on the roles of the Church. :?:

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”