Email change notification

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
travisnutley

Email change notification

Post by travisnutley »

I received an email today stating my contact email had been changed, but logging in today shows no changes were made. The email is from LDSAccount@ldschurch.org and has a link to the Support Center page at ldsaccount-int.lds.org. My work has this blocked so I'm wondering if it's a malicious/phishing email and site. Thanks for any info.

-Travis
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Email change notification

Post by scgallafent »

That address (ldsaccount-int.lds.org) is an internal test server. There are a couple of different scenarios that I could see causing that to happen. Since you're not seeing any changes, I would ignore the message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

There is additional information in this topic that leads me to believe that there may have been a glitch in the system, but that the email may be ignored.
michaelrichardhuffaker

Post by michaelrichardhuffaker »

Same issue today. Receive an email saying that someone had gone in to change my email and that I needed to change the email and passwork on my lds account. I went in and changed the password, but have no idea if this is a real issue or some scam.
awolson

Post by awolson »

I have also had this email sent to me but when I log in, my password has not been changed. Is there anything I should do?
glbell0710

Post by glbell0710 »

Same issue. Got the message that my email address had changed and if it wasn't me or my ward clerk, I should log onto LDSAccount@LDSChurch.org and change the email back and then change my password. Then I should notify the Support Center of this issue. My email was not changed and I've found it almost impossible to find a Support Center that I can notify. Has the system been hacked or what?
cherylann3535

Re: Email change notificationi

Post by cherylann3535 »

i also got an email saying my email had been changed and it has'nt can't find no support center either
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

These emails were inadvertently generated while testing prior to a product update. Please ignore the emails.
sissyseay

Post by sissyseay »

Is this still happening? I just got the same notification in the middle of the night from LDSAccount@ldschurch.org, but when I checked, no email or password had been changed. I changed my password anyway, but it would be nice to know if this is just a testing error or something. Thanks!
BPHinizy

Post by BPHinizy »

I also received a notification that the email address was changed. While I can still login to lds.org, I cannot access anything under My Account, to determine whether the email address has been changed. Also I am not able to access the donations page.

Return to “Church Account”