Balance of Other Accounts

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dlamon01

Balance of Other Accounts

Post by dlamon01 »

Hi - Is there an easy way to see the balances of all of my unit's Other accounts? I've been through every MLS Finance screen I have, and cannot find any that display the balances. Thank you!
eblood66

Re: Balance of Other Accounts

Post by eblood66 »

Go to Finance > Finance Reports > Income and Expense Report and then select Summary by Subcategory in the Report drop-down list. If you want a printout then just click on the 'Other' account checkbox (which will check all of the Other accounts) and Print.
dlamon01

Post by dlamon01 »

Awesome! Thank you so much!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This report is also available at LDS.org, under Leader and Clerk Resources > Finance.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dlamon01

Post by dlamon01 »

Thanks! Is there also a way there to see the balance of specific accounts under the Other category (e.g. Other - Girl's Camp)?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

dlamon01 wrote:Thanks! Is there also a way there to see the balance of specific accounts under the Other category (e.g. Other - Girl's Camp)?
Yes. This is very new in LCR. Today is the first I've seen it.

From the main Finance screen (the first one that shows up and which now shows the balances of each main account), click on the little arrow besides 'Other' to show all the sub-categories. Find the one you're interested in and click on the name. It will show the individual transactions for the account.
tdkmlcrook

Post by tdkmlcrook »

Is there a way to change the name of an "Other" account? For example, Other Youth Fund Raiser to something more specific like Scout Camp Fundraiser.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tdkmlcrook wrote:Is there a way to change the name of an "Other" account? For example, Other Youth Fund Raiser to something more specific like Scout Camp Fundraiser.
Yes, but only in MLS. Its in the same place where you can edit budget categories. I don't have MLS in front of me so I can't give the exact menu options but it would be in the budget part of the Finance menu.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”