Accessing confidential information as membership clerk since last LDS tools update for iPad

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
SJMayer

Accessing confidential information as membership clerk since last LDS tools update for iPad

Post by SJMayer »

I am the member ship clerk in my ward here in Florida and I recently updated my LDS tools to the latest version and I have lost access to view confidential information like iOS summerys for individual members of my ward or view information like full birthdate or membership record number or marriage information or information related to ordinances like priesthood or the office in the priesthood or information regarding where a member of my ward served a mission I can not view that information any more and I acctaully looked on my dads iPad and he has the Same version of LDS tools that I have and he can view all the sensitive information that I should also be able to view as membership clerk
So is there a bug in the new version of LDS tools or have they taken away the membership clerks ability to view that type of information
Any one that can advise me on what to do I would greatly appreciate it
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Accessing confidential information as membership clerk since last LDS tools update for iPad

Post by lajackson »

SJMayer wrote:I recently updated my LDS tools to the latest version . . .
I use an Android and sometimes this same thing happens to me. When it does, I find that a sync will often solve the problem, especially after an update. It seems that even though the update requires a sync, not everything actually syncs. Sometimes it takes a second shot to complete the process.
SJMayer

Re: Accessing confidential information as membership clerk since last LDS tools update for iPad

Post by SJMayer »

I tried doing a sync and that did not help
I am still in the same situation I was in after the update
1 question I do have is could my account have gotten hacked? Or is it a glitch in the lds tools app that would require it to have another update to fix?
I even tried to reset my ipad back to default settings and that did not help either
any help would be appreciated
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

Also I just realized that on Sunday I went to do a sync of my lds tools while I was at church and I got an error message saying some information could not be downloaded at this time and so I did another sync and I guess I did not notice this issue until Monday night
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I had a problem with the beta version and the version just released. The app would crash whenever I tapped on a specific serving missionary. There wasn't a problem with the previous release.
I cleared the problem by deleting the beta and current released versions. Then powered the iPad down. Reinstalled both versions, synced and the apps both work as expected.

Try it and let us know if that sorts the problem!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you still able to access reports on Leader and Clerk Resources, through LDS.org?
If so, it sounds like it could be a bug. You could try contacting the developers by using the "Contact Us" link under Help, in the app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Biggles wrote:I had a problem with the beta version and the version just released. The app would crash whenever I tapped on a specific serving missionary. There wasn't a problem with the previous release.
I cleared the problem by deleting the beta and current released versions. Then powered the iPad down. Reinstalled both versions, synced and the apps both work as expected.

To clarify Biggles' suggestion, since it doesn't sound like you are using the beta version of the app, try just deleting the updated release version you have on your iPad (hold on icon until they jiggle, then press the "x"), and reinstalling it from the app store.
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

sbradshaw wrote:Are you still able to access reports on Leader and Clerk Resources, through LDS.org?
If so, it sounds like it could be a bug. You could try contacting the developers by using the "Contact Us" link under Help, in the app.
I am still able to access reports through Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org
I just cant access them through lds tools
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

sbradshaw wrote:
Biggles wrote:I had a problem with the beta version and the version just released. The app would crash whenever I tapped on a specific serving missionary. There wasn't a problem with the previous release.

To clarify Biggles' suggestion, since it doesn't sound like you are using the beta version of the app, try just deleting the updated release version you have on your iPad (hold on icon until they jiggle, then press the "x"), and reinstalling it from the app store.
I tried uninstalling the version and reinstalling it again and I seem to get the exact same problem I did however look at my dads ipad and he has the same version of lds tools installed and he currently does not have the same issue so could it be that my account got hacked or is this a glitch in the system that is affecting mine and just out of curiosity how many other people who have access to the reports whether they be a membership clerk or ward clerk or bishopric that might have this same problem?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't think being hacked would affect your ability to see reports, so I don't think that's a factor.
Most likely it's either a glitch with how your calling was recorded or a bug in the app.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”