how to fix incorrect stake association?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
kyrasdad

how to fix incorrect stake association?

Post by kyrasdad »

Does anyone know whom to contact if my LDS account is associated with the wrong stake? Our ward switched from one stake to another recently and the change seems to have confused the web site. Now when I try to see my ward directory I see only the information from my old stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: how to fix incorrect stake association?

Post by russellhltn »

How recently? If it was just this past Sunday, it's too soon.

Was this an existing stake or a new one? It takes time to set up a new unit. Sometimes a couple of weeks for everything to work out.

As long as you are in the right ward, there is nothing to be done about your specific record. It's a matter of waiting for the system to re-assign the stake you ward belongs to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kyrasdad

Post by kyrasdad »

A few months ago my ward (Sandia Ward, Albuquerque, NM) switched from one established stake (Albuquerque East Stake) to another (Albuquerque Stake). To this day, when I log in to lds.org I can only see the stake and ward directories for the old stake (Albuquerque East Stake). That means I can't see the directory that applies to my own ward members and leadership. Given that it's been months, I don't have a lot of confidence that the system will catch up on its own.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Does the LDS.org Directory default to a specific ward – whichever ward it defaults too, are you able to see your name in the list of households?

Did you have a stake calling in the other stake? I've seen problems where not being released from an old stake calling in the system keeps you attached to the old stake as if you were an out-of-unit member. On the left side of the LDS.org Directory, where it says the name of the stake, is it a drop-down menu or just text?

Are there other members in your ward who are having the same problem?

Are you seeing the same problem in the LDS Tools app?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The few members I looked at in your ward had the same problem. I reported and I'm hoping it will be fixed soon.
kyrasdad

Post by kyrasdad »

I don't know if this reply will be sufficient to revive the old thread, but I am still listed in the wrong stake. I can't even look up myself in the ward directory :(
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ultimately, the clerks are going to have to work with CHQ to fix this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

After a boundary realignment, the stake clerk(s) usually work with each ward clerk to move membership records en mass to their new units using "Move Records after Boundary Realignment" in LCR. Clerks may also use the "Move Records Out" method for moving individual households, if there are only a few to move.

As Russell said, this needs to be worked out between the losing and gaining ward clerks. If you have talked with them, what did they say?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OP indicated that he didn't change wards, but the ward changed stakes. I think that's created some issues in the past. I don't think this is as simple as moving records, but it still falls to the clerks to call CHQ to get the problem straightened out.

drepouille

Post by drepouille »

You might think that after a few months of this problem, the stake presidency would be getting involved, unless nobody in the ward uses lds.org for anything.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Main Church Website”