Different instruction from new "Teaching in the Savior's way" manual, depending on language...

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
eduardomendivil

Different instruction from new "Teaching in the Savior's way" manual, depending on language...

Post by eduardomendivil »

Who should I contact to ask for clarification about an aspect of the new Teachers Council meetings? In the new manual Teaching in the Savior's Way, the english version states that "In most cases, a member of the Sunday School presidency acts as discussion leader... other ward members may be assigned to lead meetings on occasion.", however, the last part of the sentence quoted in the spanish version of the manual is translated as "other ward leaders may be assigned to lead meetings on occasion". This is under the section "Teacher Council Meetings" in the manual.

I feel more inclined to believe that other leaders may lead the meetings on occasion but I want to do as the Lord wants me to do. I'm in a spanish ward and I want to make sure we have our meetings the correct way.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Eduardo.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Different instruction from new "Teaching in the Savior's way" manual, depending on language...

Post by russellhltn »

eduardomendivil wrote:Who should I contact to ask for clarification
Your priesthood leaders. They hold the keys to interpreting the manual and have a "upline" to discuss any questions they have. It would start with your Bishop/Branch President and go to the Stake President. The Stake President can ask the area authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marianomarini

Re: Different instruction from new "Teaching in the Savior's way" manual, depending on language...

Post by marianomarini »

To confirm the guidelines of russellhtn the Italian version said "members" not "leaders".
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

French and Romanian say "members" as well in that paragraph (like English and Italian). I can confirm that Spanish says "leaders."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The Spanish version of the page (and paragraph) in question is here:

https://www.lds.org/manual/teaching-in- ... ng=spa#p10

I can confirm that Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, German, Dutch and Portuguese also say "members" and not "leaders". Of all the languages noted so far, only Spanish uses the word "leaders."
eduardomendivil

Post by eduardomendivil »

Thank you everyone for your help.

Eduardo.

Return to “General Discussions”