Bug: Clicking on Acts 28 sends me to beginning of NT

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

jmichaelb93

Bug: Clicking on Acts 28 sends me to beginning of NT

Post by jmichaelb93 »

When I click on Acts 28 I get sent to the very first page of the New Testament, right before Matthew, that displays the text

The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Translated out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised, by His Majesty’s Special Command
© 1979, 2013 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
All rights reserved
Printed in the United States of America
English approval: 11/12

It happens when I open up Gospel Library, click on New Testament, click on Acts, and then click on Chapter 28.

Here is my system information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
System Type x64-based PC
carsonm

Re: Bug: Clicking on Acts 28 sends me to beginning of NT

Post by carsonm »

Are you using the Standard Gospel Library (v2) app, or the Gospel Library (version 2) Beta app (Aka testing version) ? There is ongoing development work going on for a Gospel Library (V3) that is not quite ready for general testing at this point. It would be helpful to know which of the two version 2 apps this is happening in. Can you check to see what OS build you have for your Windows 10? The current windows 10 build is 10586.338 as of today. The OS version I have is 1511. (You can find it in Settings > System > about)

It appears that you do not have the latest stable build of Windows 10 and you may be using the older Gospel Library App (not the Beta app)

Thanks for the information
egnlsn

Post by egnlsn »

I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 OS Build 10586.318 and GL Beta Version 2.0.2.45. I have no such issue with Acts 28.
CIAO!

Ed Nielsen
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

Interesting, so far the various reports about bugs like this seem to be related to the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Home (Not the Pro version)

For those having issues like what is reported here, do you have Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro and is it 64 bit and/32 bit? I would not think it would mater if it was home or pro version, but just checking.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

jmichaelb93 wrote:When I click on Acts 28 I get sent to the very first page of the New Testament, right before Matthew, that displays the text

The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Translated out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised, by His Majesty’s Special Command
© 1979, 2013 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
All rights reserved
Printed in the United States of America
English approval: 11/12

It happens when I open up Gospel Library, click on New Testament, click on Acts, and then click on Chapter 28.

Here is my system information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
System Type x64-based PC
This usually indicates a damaged book. Try removing your copy of the New Testament, restarting the app, and redownloading it.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
jmichaelb93

Post by jmichaelb93 »

I am running Windows 10 Home Version 1511 OS Build 10586.318, not the beta version of Gospel Library, 64-bit. I will uninstall the app and see if it works.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”