ages and who uses my email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rcwampler

ages and who uses my email

Post by rcwampler »

people in the ward have gotten my email off the lds.org site
I THOUGHT THE INFORMATION ON THAT SITE WAS FOR LEADERSHIP USE ONLY. TO BE USED ONLY FOR
CHURCH PURPOSES.......NOT TO LET ME KNOW THAT THEY ARE MEETING FOR DINNER OR HAVING A SOFTBALL
GAME. ALSO,,,,I WANT MY AGE REMOVED FROM THE SITE
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ages and who uses my email

Post by russellhltn »

The email visibility is whatever it's set at. It might be "leadership only", or "ward" or "stake". Depending on your situation, you can change it. (I know there's been a problem with "children" of a household being able to make those kinds of changes.)

I'm not sure where you are looking to see your age. I'm pretty sure only leaders can see it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: ages and who uses my email

Post by eblood66 »

rcwampler wrote:I WANT MY AGE REMOVED FROM THE SITE
Your age will only be available on a special leaders only part of lds.org (called Leader and Clerk Resources) which is only available to certain leaders who have stewardship over you (basically the bishopric, clerks and members of the presidencies of organizations/quorums you are assigned to). There is no option to remove it there because that information comes from your membership record.

You may have also seen your age showing in LDS Tools but in that case only you and the same leaders as above can see it. It will not be available to anyone else.

The church is actually very careful about privacy and who has access to sensitive information.

Return to “Church Account”