A member's LDS Account and LDS.org show different callings.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Android29

A member's LDS Account and LDS.org show different callings.

Post by Android29 »

I am an assistant Stake Clerk.

I have a member who shows the wrong callings when he logs into ldsaccount.lds.org and views his membership. These are Stake Callings not Ward.
When I log into Leader and Clerk Resources and look at his membership, his callings show correctly.

lds.org shows the correct callings as "Stake Indexing Director" & "Stake Family History Center Assistant Director"
ldsaccount shows the incorrect calling of "Stake Family History Extraction Director" and the correct calling of "Stake Family History Center Assistant Director"

These callings were entered back in March sometime.

How do we synch the correct info from lds.org into his ldsaccount ?

thanks,
Bro. Andy Peck
mfmohlma

Re: A member's LDS Account and LDS.org show different callings.

Post by mfmohlma »

How do the callings appear at cdol.lds.org? That is the database of record and everything pulls from there.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Android29 wrote: lds.org shows the correct callings as "Stake Indexing Director" & "Stake Family History Center Assistant Director"
ldsaccount shows the incorrect calling of "Stake Family History Extraction Director" and the correct calling of "Stake Family History Center Assistant Director"
I wonder if "Stake Family History Extraction Director" and "Stake Indexing Director" are really the same calling and ldsaccount.lds.org hasn't been updated with the most recent names for all callings.

You could try removing the Stake Indexing Director calling, waiting 24 hours and then seeing if "Stake Family History Extraction Director" has disappeared. If it has, then add the indexing director back and see if it shows up again.

On the other hand, if LCR has an option to add an Stake Extraction Director then that probably isn't the case. I don't have access to stake LCR to check.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe that standard callings are stored as a code. I suspect that ldsaccount.lds.org isn't displaying the correct label for his calling codes. But I wouldn't worry about it. No one else sees it but him. Most people are going to look in the Directory or LDS Tools. Leaders may use CDOL or LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The 2006 Church Handbook of Instructions used the terms "Stake Family Record Extraction Director" and "Family Record Extraction Worker." Between 2006 and 2010, the indexing program was introduced and the term indexing started to be used more widely. Emphasis switched from extraction to indexing, and with the 2010 Handbook, the term "extraction" was replaced with "indexing" for callings and training materials. I'd be surprised if the name of the calling went back to "extraction." I'm guessing it's a bug, or something entered in wrong.

As long as he knows the real name of his calling, it should be OK. However, for anyone who's not sure what the calling is called, they're not going to find any training on LDS.org or in the Handbook under "extraction."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Android29

Post by Android29 »

the member believes it's causing another problem:
"Maybe this could be why our Stake profile in the FamilySearch Outreach Support Missionary data base is blank regarding the Stake Indexing Director."

I'll do what Eric suggested and try removing and re-adding the callings - make sure I've entered them correctly and if they are standard callings or customized callings etc.

Thanks for the ideas. If that doesn't work I'll try to figure out how to get search results in cdol ;-)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Android29 wrote:I'll do what Eric suggested and try removing and re-adding the callings - make sure I've entered them correctly and if they are standard callings or customized callings etc.
You said you are one of the stake clerks. It may also be possible that the ward entered a custom calling that is showing up. There was a time when stake callings did not show up in ward MLS, so wards sometimes entered callings that now show as duplicates.
Android29

Post by Android29 »

Here is what we did.

1) I removed the "Stake Indexing Director" calling from the member. (released him) saved etc.
2) we let the system synch about 20 hours or so
3) Member checked his ldsaccount page and it was blank with no callings.
4) I re-added the member as "Stake Indexing Director" -- which is a default system calling name. Not a custom name.
5) Member re-checked his ldsaccount page and his calling shows as the old calling name of "Stake Family History Extraction Director"

Since nothing showed up when I removed his callings, I don't think there is a Ward calling in play.
I think this is a bug when assigning a member to "Stake Indexing Director."
Not all the strings were updated in the code when the church changed calling names and so the old name still shows in certain places... just a guess.

Thanks

Return to “Church Account”