Two Accounts on FamilySearch - Can I merge Them?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
hatchcharles

Two Accounts on FamilySearch - Can I merge Them?

Post by hatchcharles »

I started indexing when I was a non-member, so I opened a non-member account on FamilySearch to do the indexing. When I became a member of the church I was given another login for a separate FamilySearch account. Now I have one non-member account that I use for indexing, and a separate member account where I access my family history. Is there a way to merge these accounts so I don't lose my indexing history, and can use one account for both my indexing and my family history work?
mfmohlma

Re: Two Accounts on FamilySearch - Can I merge Them?

Post by mfmohlma »

Because this involves user accounts and essentially deactivating one account, I would suggest you detail your request to your ward clerk who can contact the Global Service Center for (or even with) you.

In most other cases, using the help function at ldsaccount.lds.org/help is adequate for most problems. (Note that one should read carefully: The 5 top listed questions are not the only help available there.)

Return to “Church Account”