Apps the Church has published for Windows

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Apps the Church has published for Windows

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi, I'm making a list of all of the apps that have been published by the Church on various platforms, but I'm having trouble finding a lot of information about the Windows apps. Annoyingly, the Windows Store doesn't show any dates or version numbers. The attached image shows the info I have so far after digging through LDSTech, the Windows Store, wiki revisions, Archive.org, etc. I'm a little confused about whether the apps that run on Windows 8.1 are a continuation of the apps that were developed for Windows Phone, or if they're separate apps; etc. Has anyone kept any good records or know a lot about the Windows apps?
Attachments
screenshot_177.png
(116.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Apps the Church has published for Windows

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:I'm a little confused about whether the apps that run on Windows 8.1 are a continuation of the apps that were developed for Windows Phone, or if they're separate apps; etc.
I cannot specifically or technically answer your question, but it is my understanding that, due to the similarity of the operating system, some Windows Phone apps also happen to run on Windows 8.1 and later platforms.

I do not believe the Church is specifically developing programs for desktops. From what I have read, the ability of some phone apps to run on some laptops/desktops is just an inadvertent benefit of the way the OS works.

Return to “Mobile Applications”