Custom Single Adult Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
clwilson911

Custom Single Adult Report

Post by clwilson911 »

I would like some help to develop a Custom Report on the Stake MLS that will pull all of the Single Adults for either Mid Singles 31-45 and Single Adult 46-99 that have children under the age of 18 that are still live at home. So we can give the the Single Adult Reps so the can make accommodations for baby sitting if needed for a YSA, Mid Single, or Single Adult actives. I have been unsuccessful at trying to create the Custom Report area to do this.

Thanks

Curtiss Wilson, Stake Membership Clerk, Albuquerque New Mexico North Stake
clwilson911

Re: Custom Single Adult Report

Post by clwilson911 »

Additionally it would be nice if I could ran the list that includes all Single Adults and those with children under the age of 18 if possible. If not I can export and combine in Excel. Thanks, Curtiss
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

clwilson911 wrote:that have children
I don't see any way to do that in custom reports. I don't see any criteria fields accessing that information. "Membership status" does have a selection for "spouse is member" which is what makes part-family reports possible. But it doesn't have any selection for children.

There is a field for "Has children" in the report side - so you can ignore all the names where the listing is "no". However, it doesn't list the age, and it's not clear if it's looking at the "genealogy" of the member or the household - so it might show "yes" for a child who is somewhere else - such as the case of a divorced father where the mother has custody.

I don't see a way of listing households from a custom report, so this looks like it going to be a rather manual process. If I had to do it, I'd start with a household listing with ages and cross out all the households that don't apply. Then I'd have to check the marriage status of any that might appear to be single parents.

BTW, I'd hope a mother of a 17 year old doesn't need a baby sitter, so you might rethink the age cut-off of 18.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
clwilson911

Post by clwilson911 »

Ok, thank you I wanted to check to see if anyone had any ideas. The older kids we possibly use as baby sitters or have activities that could include some of the older children 12 to 18.
jirp

Post by jirp »

You are likely going to run into another problem with this at the stake level. The ability of the stake presidency to access SA information was removed so they can't even print a list of SAs last I knew. We had to do it at the ward level because the stake presidency didn't have access. Custom reports might let you slide around that though.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jirp wrote:The ability of the stake presidency to access SA information was removed so they can't even print a list of SAs last I knew.
That doesn't sound right. I can understand if some leaders didn't have access - such as High Councilors. But not the stake presidency.

However, looking at the access table, I don't see anything SA related on there. Perhaps LCR doesn't have a SA report?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Anyone in the stake presidency can generate a customized list of single adults in the stake using the LCR Member List. He can select the Single Adult organization, and then select the fields (gender, age, address, phone, or e-mail) he wants to display.
The problem is, my stake has about 3300 members, and 775 of them are listed as single adults. How many of them do you think are REALLY single?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:The problem is, my stake has about 3300 members, and 775 of them are listed as single adults. How many of them do you think are REALLY single?
I'd be more surprised if you didn't have that problem.

drepouille

Post by drepouille »

To be more precise, my stake has 1521 married adults, 770 single adults, and 578 young single adults. Granted, some of the married adults are not married, and a bunch of the singles are not single.
So much for the usefulness of custom reports that are based upon faulty data.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This would probably be a good time to review the minimum information needed to record a marriage or divorce. That way, as members reach out, they can try to get the information needed to update the records. Without that information, the inaccuracies will remain.

Return to “Reports and Forms”