Can't assign new photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mevans

Can't assign new photos

Post by mevans »

I just discovered today that there's a new interface for uploading and approving photos. I guess this must have shown up with the circle mask (that I'm not too fond of). You can also crop photos now.

I was able to upload new photos. It's nice that I can drag and drop onto the browser now--that's a nice addition. But then when I go to the approval screen, when I try to assign the photo, I keep getting an error when saving the assignment: There were problems saving, please try again.

Is anyone else able to use this new interface to assign pictures? I've tried doing both household and individual photos and neither works.
mevans

Re: Can't assign new photos

Post by mevans »

I just submitted feedback that this doesn't work. I guess for someone else to test you need to have some photos to approve...
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I tested it by loading a sample photo, which loaded immediately, but when I attempted to delete it, I got the endless spinner... I finally logged off and then back on and the photo was gone. Not sure if this relates to the original problem... And I do like the new drag and drop and cropping ability.... But like mevans, not fond of the circles.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I got feedback that my issue is being forwarded, but I haven't heard more yet. I see something has changed now, though. I no longer get the error. I get an eternal spinner on the OK button with no error, but no completion. Maybe I'll open the debugger and see what's going on, but I don't have time for that one right now.
mevans

Post by mevans »

The feedback people got back to me and said this should be fixed by the end of the week.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Just an update...it's the end of the week, and it's still not working for me.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Another week gone by and this still isn't fixed. Has anyone else tried uploading photos recently? Does it work for you?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Update: I'm working with one of the programmers at the church in trying to resolve this issue. Meanwhile, I know it's not necessarily every week that people have photos to upload or members upload photos. If anyone has successful or failed assignment attempts, that would be good to know. Specifically, I can upload photos just fine--it's assigning the names that is the problem. I'm uploading as a clerk, so no name is automatically associated with the photo as it might be if an individual uploaded a photo for a household.

The programmer did indicate they've been having some issues with the photo service. Apparently, I have a good reproduction scenario at the moment.
trohlfing

Post by trohlfing »

I am the ward clerk, and am logging onto lds.org with my normal login ID and password. I have uploaded nine photos successfully, but I cannot assign them to members (or households). I have tried to assign them using a Windows 10 PC with Chrome and also with Firefox. I have tried doing it in my iPhone with Safari. I have tried doing it with my Macbook Air and Chrome. All of these have the same problem. After I select the correct name for the photo, and click "Save" it always reports the error "There were problems saving, please try again."

How can I make the photo assignments?
mevans

Post by mevans »

I haven't heard anything back from the church programmers yet. It's good to know someone else is having the problem. I suggest you also send Feedback (see the Feedback link at the bottom of the web page) and include the URL of this thread in it. They may not respond directly through the forum, but they do review what is submitted via Feedback and I actually had a pretty quick turnaround from them on this issue. I think they would appreciate knowing some other people with the problem, as in one of their communications they thought it was just me having the problem.

It's also good to see you're on a different platform (I'm trying from a Mac with Chrome and Firefox).

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”