Change Username in myldsmail.net

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rjvdw

Change Username in myldsmail.net

Post by rjvdw »

Hello - Missionary Mom here. My son is leaving in July and has been assigned a myldsmail.net email account. I have set up a blog through missionarymailbag.com that pulls from this account, and uses the username on the myldsmail.net account. I have discovered that in his membership record the capitalization of our last name is incorrect. It should be 'van der Werf' but on his record it is 'Van Der Werf'. I have emailed our ward clerk about updating his membership record. My real question is will this also update the Username for his myldsmail.net account? We are unable to do it ourselves, it looks like the church has to do it. If it does not automatically update, who do I contact to get the spelling of his username fixed in his myldsmail.net account? I would like his name to be spelled correctly there. Thank you for your help!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Change Username in myldsmail.net

Post by sbradshaw »

You may need to work with your clerk to call the Global Service Center and get in contact with the missionary department. Most likely someone in the missionary department manages the email account options for missionaries.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rjvdw wrote:My real question is will this also update the Username for his myldsmail.net account?
Are you talking about his name or his login name? I'm pretty sure the login name is case-insensitive.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rvande22

Post by rvande22 »

Thanks for the replies! I'm talking about his actual Google Account name - it says he does not have permission to change it, apparently admin must do it (i.e. the church I'm guessing). We will work with the Ward Clerk/Global Services to see if we can get it sorted out. Thanks again!

Return to “General Discussions”