BIshop Actions in Missionary Online Recommendation System

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
msonners

BIshop Actions in Missionary Online Recommendation System

Post by msonners »

I am the Clerk in my ward and have been newly exposed to the Missionary Online Recommendation System. The bishop asked me to help him submit the forms that were sent to him from the missionary candidate. When I open the "Attach Photo/Documents" link, all I see are the missionary photo and the driver's license. Are there more documents to add? Bishop received health forms in the mail, do we need to upload these somehow?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: BIshop Actions in Missionary Online Recommendation System

Post by lajackson »

msonners wrote:Are there more documents to add? Bishop received health forms in the mail, do we need to upload these somehow?
Unless something has changed recently, the medical forms are given to the stake and the stake is responsible to keep them and also to enter the information online.

If nothing else is asked for, and the bishop has completed his portion of the recommendation, the application is sent electronically to the stake and the medical information paperwork is delivered.
msonners

Post by msonners »

The "Instructions for the Missionary Candidate" led me to believe that the candidate was supposed to have the physician fill out the forms and mail them to the bishop. See the below copy/paste. What baffles me is that there doesn't seem to be any instruction anywhere for the Bishop as to what forms are needed and what he is supposed to do with the forms that he receives. A checklist for the bishop similar to the one provided for the missionary candidate would be handy.

Copy/Paste:
6. Give the following forms to the physician along with a stamped envelope addressed to your bishop or branch president:
The completed Personal Health History form.
The Instructions for Physicians Evaluating Missionary Candidates.
The Physician's Health Evaluation form.
The Additional Health Information form if you were required to explain your answers to any items on the Personal Health History form.
If filling out the forms online, printing these forms is part of your checklist. Have the physician fill out the forms and mail them to your bishop or branch president. Where mail is unreliable, personally retrieve the forms, and give them to your bishop or branch president
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

msonners wrote:The "Instructions for the Missionary Candidate" led me to believe that the candidate was supposed to have the physician fill out the forms and mail them to the bishop.
That is true. The bishop reviews them and then gives them to the stake president for his review and use during his interview. You are right. The instructions do not seem to be clear.

I can no longer access the system, but I recall that the stake instructions told them to enter the results of the physical into the system, retain the paper records during the mission and for a short time after the missionary returns, then destroy them.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

As stake clerk, my biggest problem was reading the notes written by the physician. Other problems involved blank fields (no entry), or physicals performed by non-doctors (the form only allows MD and one other type). I didn't care about the medical history form, because the candidate completed that online. I did care about the medical and dental exam results, because I was the guy who had to read them.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Reports and Forms”